Meat pie. A meat pie is a pie with a chunky filling of meat and often other savory ingredients. They are popular in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ghana, Nigeria, Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Zimbabwe and South Africa. From midnight post-pub feasting to footy games, quick lunches on the run to essential road trip pit stops, Aussies never need an excuse to get stuck into meat pies!
Meat Pies Recipe & Video. printer friendly page. These individual Meat Pies have a buttery crisp top and bottom crust with a delicious filling of ground pork and beef, along with lots of vegetables. Meat pies are tasty snack for all the carnivores and a great appetizer for parties and potlucks. You can cook Meat pie using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat pie
- Prepare 1 kg of beef.
- It’s 2-3 of onions.
- It’s 3 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 1 of little parsley.
- You need 1/2 kg of ham (in small pieces).
- Prepare 1/2 kg of cheese (in small pieces).
- Prepare 1/2 kg of puff pastry.
Make a whole pie for the entire family or make individual pies, just for one! We have hundreds of meat pies to choose from. Find all of your favourite recipes for meat pies here – from a classic steak and kidney pie to a flaky puff pastry chicken and leek pie. Australians didn't invent the meat pie, well it's actually not certain who did.
Meat pie instructions
- Cut the beef into small pieces and sauté in a little oil. Cut the onions into the pan, add salt and pepper and cover with water. Let it boil until completely tender (the use of a pressure cooker is ideal in this case)..
- Take it out of the pot and shred it using a fork..
- Add the milk to the meat as well as the ham, the cheese and the parsley and mix..
- Spread out the puff pastry sheet and make strips of pie in the following waySpread out on the top end of the puff pastry sheet a lenghtwise strip of the mixture. Fold the puff pastry sheet a little inwards, closing the strip of your pie. Effectively you have just created a thin roll of stuffed puff pastry.Keep doing that until you run out of puff pastry and the mixture..
- Spread out on the top end of the puff pastry sheet a lenghtwise strip of the mixture. Fold the puff pastry sheet a little inwards, closing the strip of your pie. Effectively you have just created a thin roll of stuffed puff pastry..
- Keep doing that until you run out of puff pastry and the mixture..
- Place the strips into a baking tray, score them with a knife in the places where you are going to cut them later to serve individual portions, brush with a little milk and egg and bake at 180°C until golden brown..
Almost every country around the world has its own national pie for Australians it's usually beer or steak and kidney. With lots of wholesome veggies and meats on the inside, and a flaky pastry crust on the outside, what's not to like about English Pasties or Meat Pies? There are so many Meat Pie Recipes around the world, and the Aussie Meat Pie is one of my favorites! An Australian classic enjoyed by young and old. Enjoyed as individual pies or family size.