Meat pie with leftovers. This meat pie is made with leftover roast beef, hash brown potatoes and peas and carrots. Leftover roast beef recipes don't get much tastier. You can make this pie with pre-cooked refrigerated beef tips or frozen beef or pork.
Top with mashed potatoes and bake. This easy recipe for Weeknight Shepherd's Pie might be even better than the original pot roast and potatoes that started it. This Leftover Roast Meat Pie comes to us from favorite WHOot Contributor Gail and you will love it. You can have Meat pie with leftovers using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat pie with leftovers
- It’s 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 2 tsp of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need of Stuffing.
- Prepare 250-300 g of baked boneless meat (lamb, goat or pork) cut into small pieces.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic cut into slices.
- You need 1 of finely chopped green pepper.
- It’s of salt – pepper.
- It’s 150 g of grated Gouda cheese.
- You need of Béchamel sauce.
- It’s 50 g of graviera (traditional Greek cheese).
- Prepare 500 ml of milk.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 50 g of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
This Pie is packed full of vegetables and roast potatoes and is a new twist on an old favorite. It's the perfect way to use up your leftovers. Shepherd's Pie with Beef (Cottage Pie). Comfort food for a cold, rainy day – this shepherd's pie is made with leftover pot roast and plenty of mashed potatoes for an easy dinner the whole.
Meat pie with leftovers instructions
- Remove all the bones from the baked meat and cut it into small pieces..
- Sauté the onion, the garlic and the pepper in the olive oil..
- Add the sauce, salt, pepper and when it starts boiling add the meat..
- Let it cook until all the sauce is absorbed..
- Remove from heat and let it cool well..
- Meanwhile prepare the béchamel sauce..
- Heat the butter over moderate heat (don't overheat it), add the flour and whisk vigorously with a whisk..
- Add the milk little by little and when the sauce thickens remove from heat, add salt, pepper, nutmeg and the egg yolks..
- When the mixture is well combined add the graviera and mix well..
- Spread the two puff pastry sheets and distribute the grated Gouda cheese along the long side..
- Then place on top the sauce with the meat (that has cooled well) and finish with the béchamel..
- Roll the puff pastry sheet (make 2 rolls) and place them in a baking tray..
- Mix the egg yolk with the 2 tsp of milk and 1 tsp olive oil and brush the puff pastry rolls..
- Bake in a strong oven until the puff pastry is golden brown!.
Left over turkey meat joins forces with peas, carrots, and green beans in a savory pot pie. Roughly shred the leftover turkey and dice the ham. Put the meat in a large pie dish with the vegetables and the stuffing, if using, pour over the sauce and mix well so If you have any cranberry sauce and gravy left over, you could mix them together, heat thoroughly and serve with the pie. You may think you're being more healthy and savings savvy by bringing leftovers to work the next day, but there are risks associated with reheating some foods. Here are some handy tips on how to avoid food poisoning – and four foods to be particularly careful with.