New years eve Sausage Rolls. I love sausage rolls but they tend to be high in syns for those of us following Slimming World. Not just that, they're not the healthiest of snacks for those not on SW. That's worth it in my book!
If yer hell-bent on making sausage, go with an unstuffed and make your own fatty sausage instead of Jimmy Dean or whatever. Pork sausage mixed with sage and wrapped in puff pastry make these Traditional Sausage Rolls the perfect appetizer for any occasion. I told you a few weeks ago that Sausage Rolls are a mandatory holiday tradition in our family. You can cook New years eve Sausage Rolls using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of New years eve Sausage Rolls
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s handful of parsley.
- You need 450 g of sausage meat (I love waitrose gourmet pepper and nutmeg).
- Prepare 500 g of puff pastry, block or ready rolled… or your own.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
I grew up with pork sausage wrapped in pie crust, but I have seen. Christmas Easter new Year'S eve Birthday Valentine's day Picnic Halloween. Roll to enclose, placing the pastry seam underneath. Cut the sausage rolls into thirds and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
New years eve Sausage Rolls step by step
- Heat oven to 200C (180C fan or gas 6).
- Crush garlic and some salt to paste in pestle and mortar. Add 50 ml of cold water and chopped fresh parsley if possible.
- Put sausage meat in food processor turn on a high speed and pour garlic flavoured water. Then season with black pepper. (Personally I have found my preferred sausage meat in Waitrose which is seasoned with black pepper and nutmeg and will stick with it cause I love it).
- Cut pastry in half lengthways.
- Divide sausage mixture in two and spread along the length of the pastry strip in cylinder shape. Leave some edge about 1.5 cm.
- Tightly roll pastry around meat. Glaze with beaten egg.
- Cut into small 8-10 pieces with sharp knife. It freezes up to a month. Make sure all ingredients are fresh if you're planning to freeze them..
- Cook in the oven for 25 -35 minutes. Add extra 10 minutes if cooking from frozen.
- Happy 2017.
These vegan sausage rolls make a great snack or finger food. They are full of flavour, easy to make and can be gluten-free too! Have you vowed not to eat anything ever again? Have you started a new health kick yet or are you waiting for New Year's Eve to roll around first 😉 ? Behind every door there's a tear-off token than can be redeemed at the bakery chain in exchange for sausage rolls, Christmas coffees and festive bakes.