Pernil “pork shoulder”. Pernil is a slow cooked pork roast, usually a shoulder, butt or leg, that is very typically enjoyed during the holidays. It is a classic Puerto Rican dish, and also a classic dish in the Dominican Republic. Today I'm sharing one of my all time favorite recipes that my grandmother taught me!
SAVEUR magazine's Executive Food Editor, Todd Coleman, shows you how to peel garlic in less than ten seconds. (It's kind of amazing.). lbs pork shoulder (bone in pernil). Place pernil in roasting pan skin side up. Rub the marinade all over the pernil, making sure you work it into to the holes. You can cook Pernil “pork shoulder” using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pernil “pork shoulder”
- It’s 4 pound of pork shoulder.
- It’s of Sazon.
- It’s of About a half a bulb of garlic.
- You need Half of a onion.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Adobo.
- Prepare of dominican oregano.
- It’s of Liquid sazon “ seasoning”.
- You need 1 of lime.
Pork shoulder is marinated with plenty of garlic, olive oil, and vinegar and roasted until tender in this Puerto Rican-style pernil recipe. Pernil is roasted pork shoulder, seasoned to the max. Make this easy Cuban pernil pork shoulder for any get-together. Pernil is what my family enjoys every year for Christmas Eve!
Pernil “pork shoulder” instructions
- So first I take the pork and rinse it in water then i poke holes in the meat side. I squeeze the juice out of a lime and pour it all over it. I season it liberally and stuff some onion and garlic in the holes.I cut some of the skin off then marinate under it as well so the seasoning can really penetrate. I let mine marinate for 48 hours but you can marinate overnight..
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take the pernil and put in oven for about 4 hours. Let it rest then enjoy !.
A delicious well seasoned roasted pork shoulder with very crispy skin. What is pernil? (Cuban pork shoulder). Pernil is the Spanish word for pork shoulder. In America, especially the northeast pernil is traditionally roasted in the oven. Pernil is a pork shoulder marinated overnight in sofrito, slices of garlic, adobo and sazón.