Jerk pork shoulder with rice. To serve, top the rice with the shredded pork and pineapple salsa. When I think of Jerk, I think of the Caribbean. This recipe is my version of Jerk Pork and it uses the sweet flavors combined with spicy pepper to create an island treat.
The great thing about pork is that it's not as costly as other meats, which makes it a great dish to serve to dinner guests when you're on a budget. Carefully trim the rind off the shoulder of pork, but leave the fat on. Scatter over the chilli, remaining herbs and serve with the lime wedges to. You can have Jerk pork shoulder with rice using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jerk pork shoulder with rice
- You need 1 pound of pork shoulder, cut into chunks.
- You need 1/2 of green pepper, cut in chunks (I use multi color mini peppers).
- You need 1/2 of onion, cut in chunks.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Jamaican jerk seasoning (I actually have my own recipe for jerk seasoning).
- It’s 1 cup of white rice.
- You need 1/4 C of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 C of water (I used 1/4 C water, 1/4 C chicken broth).
Try this tasty pork, rice and bean jerk dish from BBC Good Food – loads of flavour, not too spicy. Jerk pork tacos, smoked with pimento wood, are a delicious variation from the tacos you're probably used to. · This Chicken Lemon Rice Soup Recipe is full of vegetables, shredded chicken & an easy fragrant homemade lemony broth. To make the marinade, put all the marinade ingredients into a food processor or blender, except the pork and salt, and blend until you have a fairly liquid paste. Learn how to cook pork shoulder to perfection with our helpful video guide, with added tips for getting beautifully crispy crackling.
Jerk pork shoulder with rice step by step
- Put the pork chunks, cut green pepper and cut onion pieces into a medium sized mixing bowl. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over the mixture until nicely coated. Don't be shy!.
- Preheat a large saute pan to medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add the pork mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often..
- Stir in 1/2 C water (or 1/4 C water and 1/4 C broth) to pork mixture and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 45-55 minutes until tender and internal temperature is at least 160°..
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the rice (according to bag) in a small sauce pan..
- Serve the pork over the rice. Delicious!.
Pork shoulder (also known as "Boston butt" or "Pork butt") is a cut of meat from the upper part of the front leg of a pig – the If you can't get the seasoning to "stick", try rubbing the pork shoulder with a light coating of olive oil first. To marinate your pork, you'll want to. View top rated Jerk pork with rice recipes with ratings and reviews. The butterflied pork shoulder takes on some of the heat, but in a way that has nothing to do with the mouth scorching heat of the raw Scotch bonnets. Make Rice and Beans: Cook rice according to package directions.