Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder.
You can have Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder
- It’s 8-10 pound of Pork shoulder with good fat rind.
- You need 2-4 quarts of apple cider.
- It’s 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need of Hickory smoking chips.
- Prepare 1 of whole onion.
Smoked Pulled Pork Shoulder instructions
- Cover pork shoulder with apple cider.
- Combine black pepper, salt, brown sugar, white sugar, garlic powder, red pepper and any other spices in a large bowl..
- Add 1/4 cup of mixture to the cider covered shoulder. Reserve the rest..
- Cover cider, shoulder, and 1/4 cup of mixture in refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Remove fron refrigerator. Add used apple cider in water bowl for smoker.
- Preheat smoker to 250F.
- While preheating, soak woodchips.
- Rub remaining mixture onto pork shoulder.
- Add shoulder to smoker. Add fresh woodchips at start, again at 30 minutes, and again at 60 minutes..
- Smoke for up to 12 hours or when internal temperature reaches 190-195 degrees farenheit..
- Pull out of smoker, let rest for 10 minutes. Pull apart..