Lasagna. Rao's will take your Lasagna to the next level with one of our famous sauces. Simple ingredients, great flavors to please everybody and an unforgettable taste. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture.
Learn how to build a proper lasagna with amazing recipes from Food Network. Layers of pasta, tomatoes and meat will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. This is a fabulous lasagna made with an artichoke and spinach mixture which has been cooked with vegetable broth, onions and garlic. You can have Lasagna using 28 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- You need of Meat Sauce:.
- Prepare of minced meat (beef/chicken/pork-your choice).
- You need of green celery – sliced/grated.
- It’s of carrots – cubed/grated.
- Prepare of zucchini-sliced/grated.
- It’s of onion – sliced/grated.
- It’s of tomato puree.
- Prepare of red wine (optional).
- You need of chicken stock / water.
- You need of garlic (optional).
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Dried oregano.
- Prepare of Dried thyme.
- You need of Bay leaves.
- Prepare of cooking oil.
- It’s of Bechamel Sauce:.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of All purpose flour.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of chicken powder.
- You need of nutmeg powder.
- It’s of Pasta:.
- Prepare of Lasagna.
- It’s of boiling water.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese (garnish).
The mixture is layered with lasagna noodles, pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, and topped with crumbled feta. Drain and pat dry the noodles. Overlap one third of the noodles atop the sauce to cover the pan bottom. Spread all the cooked sausage over the noodles and spoon over another cup of sauce.
Lasagna step by step
- Prepare the meat sauce: slice the vegetables, onions..
- Heat a pot with 3 tbsp cooking oil. Add in the onions and garlic. Stir it for 2 minutes until it gives good fragrance..
- Put in the sliced vegetables (celery, carrot, zucchini). Stir it evenly for 3 minutes..
- Put in the minced meat into the mixture. Stir it evenly with the vegetables. Cook it until the meat is well cooked for 5 minutes..
- Add in the red wine if you do use it. Let it evaporate for 5 minutes. (Omit/skip this step if you do not use it).
- Add the tomato puree and chicken stock/water. Mix them well together..
- Add the seasoning: salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried thyme, bay leaf. Let it cook until the sauce thicken. Keep stirring it to avoid the bottom of sauce get burned..
- After it is thickened, keep the sauce aside..
- Prepare a pot with 1 liter boiling water – Cook the lasagna pasta to half cooked in order to ease the baking process later on. The cooked pasta has to be transferred to the cold water to stop the cooking process. Cook 3-4 pieces once in a pot to make us easier to remove the pasta out, because the pasta can stick each other..
- Lay the cooked pasta on the clean kitchen towel so it will not stick each other..
- We are now half way through the cooking process. Let us prepare the bechamel sauce..
- In a small pot or sauce pan, heat/melt the butter, lower the heat and add the 4 tablespoon all purpose flour. Stir it to mix with the butter..
- In a batch, slowly add the milk and mix them well with the whisk. Keep whisking it to avoid the bottom part got burned. Cook it in the medium heat. Add the milk again and keep whisking..
- If the bechamel sauce is too thick, you may add another 50 ml milk and whisk it again..
- Lower the heat, give the sauce taste with salt, pepper, chicken powder and nutmeg powder / grated nutmeg..
- Switch off the heat and keep it aside..
- Assembly time: Get your baking bowl, or any bowl that reheatable in high heat oven. Smear your bowl with butter/margarine..
- Place the cooked pasta in the bottom of the pan, add a laddle of meat sauce on it, a laddle of bechamel sauce, evenly spread out on the pasta..
- A layer is done, keep adding the layer of pasta, meat sauce and bechamel sauce..
- At the last layer of lasagna, spread more bechamel sauce on it and cover it with grated parmesan cheese..
- Place in the lasagna in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes with 175 C to 200 C depends how big your lasagna..
- Remove it your lasagna, becareful it is very hot. Slice it out and enjoy your lasagna..
Lay down the second third of noodles. Cook the noodles "al dente" so they'll still have quite a bite to them. The Most Amazing Lasagna Recipe is the best recipe for homemade Italian-style lasagna. The balance between layers of cheese, noodles, and homemade bolognese sauce is perfection! It tastes nothing like the ones from the frozen food aisle.