Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos'. Try this Chinese-style grilled pork with a sweet-and-sour marinade next time you break out the charcoal grill. All Reviews for Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork). Char Siu Pork (Chinese BBQ Pork) is SO easy to make at home in the oven!
Made with a simple yet flavour loaded Char Siu sauce. Chinese Bbq Pork Asian Snacks Pork Ham Pork Tacos Monday Night Burritos Main Meals Mexican Food Recipes Main Dishes. · This Vegan Pulled Mushroom BBQ Sandwich is meaty, chewy, dripping with BBQ sauce, and a great quick and easy meal to whip up for a crowd! Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat. You can have Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos' using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos'
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour unbleached.
- You need 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt fine.
- You need 1/2 cup of water warm , around degrees F 105.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil , plus more for brushing dough.
- It’s 1 pound of roasted chicken sliced.
- Prepare to taste of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Sriracha sauce.
- You need 1 of cucumber medium , thinly sliced crosswise.
- It’s 5 – 6 of scallions , julienned or thinly sliced on a long diagonal.
- Prepare 1 of mango barely ripe , shredded.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber English (or Kirby) , shredded.
- Prepare 1 of serrano pepper , thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of Napa cabbage , thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mint leaves.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of lime Juice of.
- Prepare pinches of salt.
- You need 3 of green onions , thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of pork shoulders , bone in.
- It’s to taste of Soy.
- You need to taste of Honey.
- It’s to taste of Garlic powder.
- You need to taste of Ginger powder.
Growing up in the Catskills, the first time I saw this Chinese BBQ pork, or char siu, was at the Holiday Inn of all places. My father, the hotel restaurant's head chef at the time, used a closely guarded recipe of Chinese sauces, lots of. Authentic and homemade Chinese BBQ pork marinated with sticky char siu sauce and roasted in oven. This dish is called Char Siu in Cantonese dialect, or Chashao (叉烧) in Chinese language.
Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos' instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cake flour, yeast, sugar, and salt; add the water and oil. Using your hands, mix and then knead in the bowl until dough forms (add up to 1/4 cup more water by the tablespoonful, if necessary)..
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Put the dough into an oiled bowl, turning the dough to coat it with oil, then cover with a clean dishtowel and let rise at a draft-free warm room temperature, until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, cut out a dozen 3-inch squares of parchment paper. Punch down the dough and form it into a 3/4-inch-thick rope. Cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place balls on a baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise at warm room temperature for 30 minutes..
- Pat each ball into a long oval, about 1/8 inch thick. Brush each oval with oil, then fold in half crosswise, place on a parchment square, and brush with oil. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough pieces. Loosely cover the buns with plastic wrap and let rise at a warm room temperature until nearly doubled in size, about 30 minutes..
- Bring a few inches of water to a simmer in a pot so that the bottom of a steamer insert sits above the water. Arrange the buns, in batches if necessary, about 1/2 inch apart, on the insert and steam over medium heat, covered, until the dough is slightly puffed and cooked through, about 10 minutes..
- Make the slaw by combining the mango, cucumber, green onions, serrano pepper, cilantro, mint, olive oil, lime juice and salt in bowl. Set aside..
- For the pork, Marinate the steaks in soy, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, and ginger powder. Grill on high heat for 5 minutes per side on the BBQ. Rest for 20 minutes then slice thinly. .
- Assemble the tacos and enjoy!!.
It is of Cantonese origin where marinated skewers of pork meat or pork. Skip the take-out and make this delicious dish at home! Chinese BBQ Pork can be served as a delicious appetizer, or diced into small pieces and added to many dishes including Egg Foo Young (our recipe is coming on Friday!), Pork Fried Rice, Pork Lo Mein, and so many more. This Chinese BBQ Pork, also known as Char Siu, is deliciously sweet, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and so easy to make! This Chinese Barbeque Pork is so delicious, you'd never guess that I adapted the recipe from a WeightWatchers cookbook.