BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich.
You can cook BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
- You need 3 lb. of pork (shoulder or butt, bone-in).
- It’s 3 tbs. of dry rub (seasonings).
- It’s 1 of small onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 1.5 cups of vegetable stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple-cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 cups of BBQ sauce (divided).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dry mustard.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh rosemary.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich instructions
- Prepare the pork (trim fat, remove rind) and cover the meat with dry rub seasonings and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour (covered)..
- Heat up an outdoor grill with smoking chips (best) or a large frying pan with oil, and sear the meat on all sides on medium-high heat, for about 4 minutes all 4 sides. [This will seal in the juices of the meat while slow-cooking later in the oven].
- Heat oven to 300˚.
- Transfer the meat to a large pot / pan with lid (oven proof) and add the onion, braising liquid ingredients, and seasonings. Cover and place in the oven to slow cook for 3 hours..
- When done cooking, carefully remove the meat from the pan and place on a large cutting board surface. Allow the pork to cool a bit. Drain off the pan liquid..
- Shred the pork using two forks. Lightly chop the shredded pieces crosswise..
- Add the shredded pork back to the empty pan and lightly cover with BBQ sauce. Cover and place back into the now cooling oven for 10 minutes..
- Remove from oven and lightly mix the pork. Place the pork on open buns / rolls and top with other favorite toppings (slaw, pickle, etc.)..