Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters.
You can cook Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters
- It’s 300 grams of Onion.
- It’s 200 grams of Pork roast or loin (for tonkatsu).
- It’s of 【A】.
- You need 6 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters instructions
- Cut the onions into wedges, and separate the layers..
- Cut the pork into 5 mm width strips..
- Mix the onion, pork and [A] ingredients, and mix well with your hands for at least 3 minutes..
- It will be watery for the first minute or so..
- As you continue mixing and kneading, it will become thick as shown here. When it reaches that stage, it's time to deep fry..
- Slide in bite sized portions of the batter-onion-pork mixture into oil heated to medium temperature, using a wooden spatula or a large spoon..
- Deep fry for 7-8 minutes over medium heat. When the surface is golden brown and crispy, the fritters are done..
- If the oil is too hot the fritters will burn so be careful. If they are golden brown they're fine..
- Eat the kakiage fritters as-is while hot..