Szechuan Style Twice Cooked Pork.
You can cook Szechuan Style Twice Cooked Pork using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Szechuan Style Twice Cooked Pork
- Prepare 250 grams of Block of pork shoulder.
- You need 1/4 of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper.
- You need 1 of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of Doubanjiang.
- Prepare 5 of Douchi.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tianmianjiang.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- Prepare 4 of kernels Sichuan pepper (or Sansho pepper).
- It’s of Other:.
- You need 3 of Japanese leek (green part).
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
Szechuan Style Twice Cooked Pork step by step
- Rub the block of pork shoulder with 3% its weight in salt. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the refrigerator for half a day or more. This photo shows an 800g block of meat, which will serve about 6-7 people..
- Once time has passed, remove the wrap and boil the pork. Place the pork in lukewarm water before bringing to a boil. Remove any of the scum and excess oil that releases from the meat..
- When it begins to boil, remove from the pot and lightly rinse with water. Change the water in the pot and bring it to a boil. Add the meat, the green section of the Japanese leeks, and the garlic. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour..
- Be careful that the meat doesn't fall apart while it's boiling. After it has boiled, leave it to cool in the pot. Once cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces..
- It tastes best if the meat is cut into 5-10mm slices..
- Sichuan pepper is indispensable in Sichuan cooking. Remove 10 kernels of pepper from the Sichuan pepper and use a knife to chop finely. Use the side of a knife to crush the douchi beans and then finely chop..
- Tear apart the cabbage leaves with your hand and slice the core with a knife. Remove the seeds from the green pepper and chop..
- Mince the garlic, mince the ginger, and prepare the doubanjiang. Combine the ingredients for the sauce..
- Steam the vegetables. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and then add the green pepper and cabbage. Boil for 10-15 seconds and then drain..
- Heat a frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Cook the doubanjiang, garlic, and ginger from Step 8 until fragrant. Add the leek and quickly add the sauce..
- Agitate the pan while cooking for 100 seconds and then add the cabbage. Cook for another 20 seconds. Swirl in some sesame oil to finish and enjoy!.
- Here is an egg soup made from the boiled liquid in Step 4. You can use the water that the meat was boiled in for various recipes, so don't throw it away. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143991-yakiniku-japanese-bbq-restaurant-style-egg-drop-soup.