Easy But Authentic Homemade Char Siu.
You can have Easy But Authentic Homemade Char Siu using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy But Authentic Homemade Char Siu
- Prepare 700 grams of Pork shoulder (block).
- Prepare 1 of thumb Ginger.
- It’s 100 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 100 ml of Sake.
- You need 100 ml of Mirin.
- You need 1000 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
Easy But Authentic Homemade Char Siu instructions
- Season the block of meat with salt and pepper. (You don't need to wrap the meat with cooking twine.).
- Brown the surfaces of the meat in a frying pan. (Use medium-high heat.).
- Once browned, place into a pot and fill with water until the meat is just barely covered. Add the soy sauce, sake, mirin, and grated ginger..
- Once it begins to boil, lower the heat to low and simmer for 1-1.5 hours. When the meat has become tender, raise the heat to high and boil for 10-20 minutes to thicken the sauce..
- When the sauce has reduced by about half, it's done. When it cools, grease will be released, so it will be more healthy if you wipe it away..
- You can top it on rice to make a char siu rice bowl..
- Use it as a ramen topping..