Authentic Char Siu Pork Baked in a Toaster Oven. Add all the flavoring ingredients and rub in. Make authentic Chinatown char siu at home with our restaurant-quality recipe! To make char siu, pork is marinated in a sweet BBQ sauce and then roasted.
This is my authentic Char Siu pork recipe. Perfect for Ramen – learn how to make the noodles in the next. Char Siu Pork (Chinese BBQ Pork) is SO easy to make at home in the oven! You can have Authentic Char Siu Pork Baked in a Toaster Oven using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Authentic Char Siu Pork Baked in a Toaster Oven
- Prepare 350 grams of Pork shoulder roast (block).
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chinese five spice powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Juice from grated ginger.
Mix Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cut pork in half horizontally to make two long, flat, thin pieces (better flavour Authentic Char Siu uses red bean curd for colouring and a touch of flavour – it can be found at Asian. Char siu literally means fork burn/roast-'Char' being fork (both noun and verb) and siu being burn/roast-after the traditional cooking method for the dish: long strips of seasoned boneless pork are skewered with long forks and placed in a covered oven or over a fire. Hang your Char Siu 'skewer' over the Dutch oven to let it cook, periodically moving and basting the Char Siu.
Authentic Char Siu Pork Baked in a Toaster Oven instructions
- Cut the meat into 1 cm slices. Add all the flavoring ingredients and rub in. Rest for about 1 hour..
- Put an aluminium foil lined tray in the oven, and heat. You can do this quickly by heating under a fish grill..
- If you refrigerated the meat while it was marinating, make sure to bring it back to room temperature before roasting it..
- Roast the pork for 4 minutes at 740 W. Take it out and brush with the marinade..
- Turn the pork over, and roast for another 4 minutes at 740 W. Repeat once more (4 minutes x 3 turns for a total of 12 minutes)..
- Crank up the heat to 1000 W and cook the pork on both sides for 1 minute each to brown..
- If you cut it up into 5 mm cubes, it's perfect for fried rice!.
- This is char siu chicken made with chicken legs. The marinade is the same, but you only have to marinate chicken for about 15 minutes. Adjust the cooking time as necessary..
- For a more authentic char siu pork cooked in the oven, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153688-authentic-char-siu-roast-pork-version-for-new-years.
- For simmered char siu in your bowl of ramen, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149787-char-siu-pork-and-marinated-soft-boiled-eggs-for-ramen.
If you're like us and don't have a roasting tray, just get creative – the air should be able. Traditionally, char siu is usually made with pork marinated in sauces, usually dyed with red color. Char Siu right out of the oven. How to store leftover char siu? Arrange the Char Siu on a wire rack.