Absolutely Delicious! Authentic Char Siu.
You can cook Absolutely Delicious! Authentic Char Siu using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Absolutely Delicious! Authentic Char Siu
- Prepare 500 of grams-1kg Pork shoulder loin or belly block (a cut with minimal fat).
- Prepare 100 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 70 ml of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of Ginger (grated).
- You need 2 tsp of Chinese sesame paste (optional).
Absolutely Delicious! Authentic Char Siu instructions
- In a slightly large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and mix evenly. (You'll be surprised at the sweetness, but this is key.).
- Cut the meat into 2-3cm strips along the grain. (This allows it to cook well and absorb the most flavor.).
- Cover the meat with the sauce. Make sure it's covered well. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least half a day. If you have time, marinating for an entire day makes it the most delicious..
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes at 410-430F/210-220C. Baking times may vary depending on your oven, so keep a careful watch over it. The photo shows baked pork belly..
- Slice into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a plate. Top with the marinade sauce; it can be used as is, or boiled before use..