My Family's Recipe for Szechuan Mapo Tofu.
You can have My Family's Recipe for Szechuan Mapo Tofu using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Family's Recipe for Szechuan Mapo Tofu
- It’s 1 block of Silken tofu.
- Prepare 120 grams of Pork shoulder (or ground pork).
- It’s 1/3 of of a stalk Finely chopped Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 stalks Garlic scape (or garlic leaves).
- It’s 200 ml of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Douchi.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ★ Doubanjiang.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★ Tianmianjiang.
- You need 2 pinch of ★ Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- It’s 1 of abou 2 tablespoons of the flour Katakuriko slurry.
- You need 1 tsp of plus Sesame oil for finishing.
- Prepare 1 of Sansho Japanese pepper.
- It’s 2/3 tsp of Vinegar (optional).
My Family's Recipe for Szechuan Mapo Tofu step by step
- Roughly grind up the fatty bits of pork in a food processor..
- Chop up the leek roughly. Cut the garlic scape stems into 4 cmlong pieces..
- In a pan, bring 500 ml of water to a boil, and add the tofu that's been cut into large chunks, as well as the garlic stems. Take the tofu and garlic steams out just before the water comes to a boils. Attention: if you boil the tofu for too long, it will lose the wobbly pudding-like texture..
- Heat up a wok over high heat. When the wok is hot add oil, swirl it around and pour out. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok, and add the ground pork from Step 1 and stir fry. When the meat becomes crumbly, add the garlic scape and the ingredients marked with ★ and continue stir frying..
- Pour in the chicken stock and stir the wok from the bottom so that you get all the flavor that's on the surface. Add the tofu from Step 3. Turn down the heat to low, add the Shaoxing wine, and simmer for 2-3 minutes..
- Dribble in the katakuriko slurry (2:1 water to katakuriko ratio) from a height, and in a round, circling motion. Swivel the wok and the ladle around at the same time..
- When the sauce has thickened, add the vinegar and leek..
- Turn the heat to high, and drizzle in sesame oil around the sides of the wok. Shake the wok so that the oil sinks to the bottom too. Add sansho pepper to taste..
- Bon appetit..