Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu). Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat. Growing up in the Catskills, the first time I saw this Chinese BBQ pork, or char siu, was at the Holiday Inn of all places. My father, the hotel restaurant's head chef at the time, used a closely guarded recipe of Chinese sauces, lots of.
Made with a simple yet flavour loaded Char Siu sauce, pork is marinated to infuse with flavour then roasted until caramelised. All Reviews for Chinese Barbeque Pork (Char Siu). As a Chinese person who grew up on bbq pork, I was very pleased with this. You can cook Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu)
- You need of For Meat.
- It’s 4 pieces of pork shoulder steaks.
- You need of For Marinade.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of five spice powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
BBQ pork belly char siu is the epitome of Cantonese BBQ. They are always sliced into thin pieces and served with steamed white rice, with vegetable on the side. Sometimes spelled as char siew or char sui, the pork is always perfectly charred, juicy, tender, dripping in a sticky, sweet and savory sauce. Char Siu Pork is also known as Chinese style BBQ pork is famous roasted pork dish.
Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu) step by step
- Put all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl to mix a sauce.
- Use the sauce to marinate pork in refrigerator overnight. Leave 2 tablespoon of the sauce for glazing.
- Preheat an oven in grill mode at 200c.
- Set the marinated pork on a roasting rack (to have air flow below the meat). Cook on one side for 20 minutes.
- Flip the pork and glaze the sauce on another side and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Flip the pork again to glaze the sauce on the remaining side and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Let the pork rest for 10-15 minutes and then enjoy!.
The main ingredients for Char Siu sauce contains oyster sauce (for more information about commonly used sauces in Chinese cooking, check Chinese Sauces), soy sauce, sugar, red onions, garlic and red. Chinese Barbecue Pork (Char Siu Pork). Pork Roast or Belly is often used, and these cuts are marinated overnight in a sweet and savory sauce giving it a distinct red color and a ton of flavor. And for this recipe, I'm taking that idea and making Char Siu Pork Chops. Chinese BBQ pork is loved the world over, and it's not hard to make at home!