Fluffy fat-boy pancakes. Super airy and fluffy, this Souffle Pancake (スフレパンケーキ) is like eating cottony clouds, but even better with homemade whipped cream and fresh berries! These pancakes are fat, fluffy, and despite many similarities in how they are made they are quite different from the paper-thin crepes recipe that I shared not too long ago, so grab your (nonstick) skillet and read on for my tips for fool-proof buttermilk pancakes. But when it comes to pancakes, the fluffier the better.
Do not overmix the batter or the pancakes will be dense and flat rather than light and fluffy. These fluffy Japanese pancakes have a light and airy soufflé-like texture, are completely addictive, AND YES, you can make them right in your own kitchen! This easy to follow recipe yields super delicious and totally amazing pancakes every time! You can cook Fluffy fat-boy pancakes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fluffy fat-boy pancakes
- You need 70 g of Self raising flour.
- It’s 65 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flavourless oil (or butter).
- You need Drop of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 130 ml of milk.
It's much more efficient and an easier way to feed the masses, i.e, my growing boys. Definitely the best pancake I have ever made! Fluffy Japanese Pancakes. featured in Pancakes Vs. A great, simple, no-fail pancake recipe for super fluffy homemade pancakes.
Fluffy fat-boy pancakes instructions
- Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Mix up the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ones to the dry ones and gently mix together. It’s important not to over do it here, otherwise the pancakes get a bit tough because of the gluten.
- Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat. We use setting 5 or 6 on a 9-setting induction. DO NOT ADD ANY OIL OR BUTTER. keep the pan dry..
- Splat a 8-10cm dollop into the pan, and cook for around 3-5 mins. Then flip it over and do the same..
- Serve with whatever you like. We like cut fruit, yoghurt and lemon curd. But maybe you can have chocolate spread, bananas and tuna. Go wild..
What a way to start the day! Go wild with toppings – endless options! Simple, soft, fluffy pancakes, an essential that everyone should know. Flip pancake when the batter starts to bubble, but before the underside to too brown. Japanese pancakes are fluffy, souffle-like pancakes that are airy perfection when topped with syrup, butter, and powdered sugar.