Slow Cooker Carnitas. Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas – The easiest carnitas you will ever make in the crockpot, cooked low and slow for the most amazing fall-apart tender goodness! Carnitas means 'little meats' and is traditionally fried then braised. This recipe is made much easier using the slow cooker but the results are just as tasty.
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas recipe video! Is that a pressure cooker in the video?? My slow cooker (Breville Fast-Slow Cooker) is like an Instant Pot. You can cook Slow Cooker Carnitas using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Carnitas
- You need of Pork Shoulder (Boneless is Easier).
- Prepare of Adobo Seasoning.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Sazon (cilantro con achiote).
- Prepare of Slow Cooker.
Have you ever gone out for Mexican food, eaten carnitas, and thought "gosh, I wish I could make this myself"? What gives Carnitas its unique flavor? If combining cinnamon and orange with pork sounds a little far fetched to you, don't be scared! The flavors are subtle and add layers of flavor.
Slow Cooker Carnitas instructions
- Turn your Slow Cooker on Lo..
- Rub your Pork Shoulder with all of the spices. I don't have exact measurements, more of like just eyeball it. I like a lot of seaaoning..
- Put the lid on and cook on Lo for 8 hrs. Don't add anything else..
- Remove lid use a fork to gently pull apart the pork. It will mostly shred on it's own. You can drain the excess juice if you want. And when making tacos I heat a little oil in a frying pan on medium high and put a serving of the shredded pork in there just to crispen it up a little bit. Also these Carnitas left overs (if you have some) make fantastic nachos the next day. Just Saying!.
And our slow cooker carnitas are the very, very best—and the easiest too. Your tortillas (or quesadillas, or nachos) never had it so good. This is easily the Best Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe we've ever made, big on flavor and low on effort. In Mexican cuisine, carnitas are made from heavily marbled cuts of pork seasoned heavily, then slow braised or For a healthier and easier version, you can make delicious carnitas in a slow cooker. These Easy Slow Cooker Carnitas makes killer tacos or burrito bowls that the whole family is guaranteed to love.