Instant Pot Pork Carnitas.
You can have Instant Pot Pork Carnitas using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- You need 2 1/2 lbs of boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt).
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s to taste of black pepper.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 packet of sazon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 3 of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or 3 tbsp pureed.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dry adobo seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
Instant Pot Pork Carnitas instructions
- Season pork shoulder with pepper and salt, then sear in instant pot with saute function until browned on all sides.
- Allow meat to cool, then use a sharp knife to cut into meat and insert slivers of garlic throughout.
- Combine cumin, sazon, oregano, dry adobo seasoning, and garlic powder, and rub into meat on all sides.
- Add chicken broth, bay leaves, and Chipotle peppers to the pot. Cook using the meat function on high pressure for 45 minutes..