Bacon and Spinach Quiche. Spinach, Cheddar cheese, bacon, eggs, and cream make up the delectable filling for this yummy quiche, which is made with a premade pie crust. Crust: Pulse flour and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Once cooked, remove to a plate and chop. Remove most of the grease from the pan and add onion and spinach. Add cheese, onion, spinach, and bacon to the bottom of the pie crust. You can cook Bacon and Spinach Quiche using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon and Spinach Quiche
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Heavy cream.
- Prepare of Milk.
- You need of Bacon.
- You need of Spinach.
- You need of Button mushrooms.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Soup stock granules.
- It’s of Cheese (※).
- It’s of sheet Frozen puff pastry.
Spinach Quiche: Prepare as above, except omit the bacon. Stir into egg mixture with spinach and cheeses. Combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top.
Bacon and Spinach Quiche instructions
- Spread the puff pastry on a pan. Bake it for 20 minutes on the top rack of your oven at 200℃ with parchment paper and baking stones (please refer to Step 6). Make sure to do this baking! It really makes a difference in taste..
- Grate the cheese. Mince the carrot, thinly slice the mushrooms, and chop the bacon into 3 cm wide strips. Briefly parboil the spinach and chop into 4 cm long pieces..
- Saute the garlic, bacon, mushroom, and spinach with butter. Season with soup stock granules and a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Combine the eggs, heavy cream, milk, and 3 tablespoons of cheese. Add a decent amount of black pepper..
- Fill the puff pastry with the filling, and pour the mixture from Step 4 over them. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 180℃ on the top rack of your oven..
- About baking the puff pastry: If possible, fill to the edge of the puff pastry with the baking stones. It doesn't matter if you don't have quite enough, but take care not to ignore the sides!.
The way to make a bacon and spinach quiche filling is to brown the bacon with some chopped onion, add the spinach to wilt, and then let this cool while assembling the egg mixture. Once everything is ready, you just have to add everything to the pie crust and bake it. It is a little extra work, but not much. Combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust.