Carnitas Tacos. Carnitas can be simply rolled into a corn tortilla, or used as the basis for something more ambitious Spoon a few tablespoons of carnitas onto each tortilla. Top each taco with cilantro, finely chopped. Carnitas tacos are made with crispy and juicy carnitas, red onion, cilantro and toppings!
Carnitas are made by braising or simmering pork in oil or preferably lard until tender. The process takes three to four hours, and the result is very tender and juicy meat. Zesty Carnitas Tacos. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Carnitas Tacos using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carnitas Tacos
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless pork shoulder roast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, smashed.
- It’s 2 medium of oranges, cut in half.
- Prepare 2 cup of liquid (beer, water, or stock).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 packages of tortillas.
- It’s of salsa.
Francisco Gómez is back on his quest to discover everything there is to know about tacos in Mexico. On this episode, he's exploring Quiroga in Michoacán. Carnitas Tacos (Michoacán-Style Braised Pork Tacos). Carnitas, a Mexican-style pulled pork, gets tangy punch from the addition of spicy pickled jalapeño brine to the cooking liquid.
Carnitas Tacos step by step
- Combine the salt, pepper, and oregano. Season the pork roast generously with the mixture..
- Juice the oranges then put the oranges and juice put in slow cooker with cinnamon, chili powder, and garlic and stir to combine..
- Place the pork in the slow cooker then add whatever liquid you are using..
- Set to cook on low for 8 hours. The meat is done when it is tender and falling apart..
- Let it cool enough to handle, then lift the meat from the juices and place in a large bowl. Shred the meat..
- (For best results) In a large saute pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Press the meat into the oil and fry until crusty on one side..
- Serve on tortillas with salsa..
This Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas recipe is so delicious, and extra-easy when made in the pressure cooker! Perfect for tacos, burritos, salads, and more. These carnitas tacos are made with moist, tender pork shoulder, avocado, onion, tomatillo salsa, lime, and cilantro. Great party food for a crowd, a weekend dinner, or outdoor entertaining. Carnitas, literally "little eats", is pork shoulder which has been braised for several hours until tender, then shredded and cooked again until crisp.