Slow Cooker Savory Sweet Pork Roast.
You can cook Slow Cooker Savory Sweet Pork Roast using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Savory Sweet Pork Roast
- Prepare 1 cup of mango nectar.
- Prepare 1 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1 inch thick.
- You need 1 medium of red onion, slice and separated into rings.
- You need 2 of apples, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless pork roast, fat trimmed.
- It’s 2 of Tbsp's yellow or Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rubbed sage.
- It’s 1 cup of cold water.
- You need 2 of tsp's brown sugar.
- You need 2 of Tbsp's cornstarch.
Slow Cooker Savory Sweet Pork Roast instructions
- Pour nectar and water into crock pot. Layer fruit and veggies in the pot..
- Brown roast on all sides in medium high heat skillet. I used cast iron..
- Place the pork on top of veggies/fruit. Rub mustard and sage on all sides of pork. Cover crock and cook on LOW. Tip: I started on HIGH first hour, then to LOW the rest of time. Check at 7 hours using quick read meat thermometer. 165°F is done..
- Transfer roast to platter, tent with foil. Transfer apples and potatoes to large bowl. Tent with foil. Let roast rest at least 10 minutes..
- Combine last three ingredients in a measuring cup. Stir into juices in crockery. Cook 1-2 minutes, until thick. Serve over roast and apples/sweet potatoes. Enjoy..