Slowcooker Carnitas. Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas – The easiest carnitas you will ever make in the crockpot, cooked low and slow for the most amazing fall-apart tender goodness! Carnitas means 'little meats' and is traditionally fried then braised. This recipe is made much easier using the slow cooker but the results are just as tasty.
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas recipe video! Is that a pressure cooker in the video?? My slow cooker (Breville Fast-Slow Cooker) is like an Instant Pot. You can cook Slowcooker Carnitas using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slowcooker Carnitas
- Prepare 3 lb of boneless pork roast.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of achote paste.
- It’s 1/2 of diced onion.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 of whole jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
But here's the kicker – still, no one is complaining! Have you ever gone out for Mexican food, eaten carnitas, and thought "gosh, I wish I could make this myself"? What gives Carnitas its unique flavor? If combining cinnamon and orange with pork sounds a little far fetched to you, don't be scared!
Slowcooker Carnitas instructions
- add your meat, stock & water, spices,garlic, onion & whole jalapeno to crockpot..
- turn on crockpot to low, cook about 5hrs turn over your roast and cook another 5hrs.keep check for water level & seasonings.once your meats almost done it should start shredding.you can help it along by using 2 forks and shredding.Discard most of your juice you don't want it soupy. serve with rice, beans or in a burrito.Enjoy!!.
- remove jalapeno & bayleaves and discard.Enjoy!.
- this recipe is for low n slow..roughly 10hrs or so.:-).
The flavors are subtle and add layers of flavor. This is easily the Best Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe we've ever made, big on flavor and low on effort. Seasoned with oregano, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, these Mexican Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos are the perfect dinner for any night of the week. Carnitas is juicy and tender shredded pork with crispy, flavorful edges. It's a staple in Mexican cuisine and easy to make at home.