Maize Porridge and Pork Stew.
You can cook Maize Porridge and Pork Stew using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Maize Porridge and Pork Stew
- It’s 2-1/2 pound of pork roast boneless.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic whole.
- It’s 3 cups of sliced carrots.
- It’s 1 quart of water.
- You need 1 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 16 ounces of drain canned pinto beans.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of whole leaf oregano.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- You need 1 cup of diced orange bell pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dehydrated onions.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely ground cornmeal.
Maize Porridge and Pork Stew instructions
- Sear the roast dry 3-1/2 minutes per side..
- Turn searing on all sides. Add olive oil and garlic..
- Add the rice and sauté in the drippings and olive oil..
- Add the water. Bring to a boil..
- Add the pepper, thyme, and oregano. I washed the tomato and put into the boiling liquids for 20 seconds..
- Take the tomato out and remove the skin and dice..
- Add the tomato and salt to the pot. Boil for 15 minutes..
- After 15 minutes take the pork out and slice against the grain very thinly..
- Add the pork back in the pot along with the dehydrated onions, and cook..
- After 10 minutes add the pinto beans..
- Cook on low heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add the cornmeal. Stir in well fish out the garlic cloves..
- Smash the garlic cloves add back in. Stir well and simmer till thickened for about 7 minutes. Cover and let rest for 7 more minutes..
- It's ready I hope you enjoy!!!.