Brad's pozolé. This pozole rojo, or "red" pozole, is made with pork shoulder or shanks, red chiles, and lots of hominy corn. I made this for my parents, and they loved it. Pozole Spanish pronunciation: [po'sole] (from Nahuatl languages: pozolli , meaning "hominy"), is a traditional soup or stew from Mexican cuisine.
This posole rojo recipe uses red chile peppers and is easy and delicious. This Mexican pozole recipe is SO cozy and flavorful. Feel free to make your pozole soup recipe with either pork or chicken, and load it up with all of your favorite posole soup toppings! Драма, комедия. Режиссер: Майк Уайт. В ролях: Бен Стиллер, Остин Абрамс, Дженна Фишер и др. Мужчина средних лет разочаровался в жизни, но изо всех сил хочет пристроить сына в Гарвард. Музыка: Марк Мазерсбо. Продюсер: Дэвид Бернад, Деде Гарднер, Сидни Киммел и др. * Advertiser Disclosure: Brad's Deals is an independent service that is supported by advertising. You can cook Brad's pozolé using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's pozolé
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, chopped.
- It’s 2 lbs of pork shoulder roast.
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of lg red onion, course chopped.
- It’s 12 of dried cascabell chiles.
- Prepare 12 of dried California chiles.
- It’s 6 qts of water.
- Prepare 1 of lg can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 of lg cans hominy, one yellow one white.
- It’s 4 tbs of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbs of powdered chicken bouillon.
- It’s of Mesa flour, optional.
- It’s 1 bag of regular or spicy cicharrones, (pork rinds).
- It’s of for the toppings.
- Prepare of shredded cabbage.
- You need 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, diced.
- It’s of lime wedges.
- Prepare of sliced radishes.
Turn up the heat with flavorful braised pork pozole soup made with chiles, tomatillos and hominy. Serve pozole topped with suggested garnishes. For garnish, add diced or sliced avocado. Red Pozole Garnish can include Shredded Lettuce or Cabbage according to the region.
Brad's pozolé step by step
- Cut the pork roast into bite sized pieces. Place in a LG frying pan. Add a little oil, pepper, and garlic powder. Fry until well browned.
- Remove to a LG soup pot. Add water and chopped onion. Boil at a little more than a simmer for two hours. Stir often..
- Remove the stems and seeds from all the chiles. Place in a small saucepan. Add water just to cover. Boil for 10-15 min until they get tender. Let cool. Add to a blender with enough of the cooking water to make a smooth thick sauce.
- Prepare the toppings. Chop and arrange on a LG plate..
- After two hours, add the chopped chicken, chile sauce, tomato sauce, hominy, oregano, cilantro, and bouillon. Let cook another half hour, stir often..
- 10 minutes before done, add cicharrones, stir..
- This step is completely optional. My household likes it a little thicker. If so, add mesa flour one tbs at a time while stirring soup. Continue until you reach the desired thicness..
- Serve soup in large bowls. Add desired toppings. Enjoy..
- I served with plantains over rice. Recipe on my profile..
Anyway, I know you didn't stop here looking to know about our Mexican history and heritage. Red Pork Pozole – simple, earthy, rich and satisfying. Pork and hominy in a mildly spicy chile broth garnished with shredded cabbage, diced onion, sliced radish, and Mexican oregano. Pozole is a soupy and aromatic one-bowl stew from Mexico, usually served to crowds on special occasions and celebrations such as Christmas, weddings, or birthdays. Pozole, the hearty Mexican hominy stew, can either be a celebratory dish or a humble everyday food.