Greek souvlaki pork kebab and tzatziki sauce. A delicious, super easy Greek lamb souvlaki recipe (lamb souvlaki skewers) with pita bread and tzatziki sauce to make your own juicy lamb kebab from Perfectly moist and crispy succulent Greek lamb souvlaki skewers (Lamb kebab)! Get the fire started. it's barbecue time this weekend with this. Bright, fresh and flavorful Greek Chicken Kebabs!
Tzatziki sauce: Homemade or store-bought works (though of course. These Greek Pork Souvlaki are very easy to make and taste so crazy good, you'll want them to keep your outdoor grill occupied all summer long! Just in case you haven't noticed, I've been loving on everything and anything skewered lately! You can have Greek souvlaki pork kebab and tzatziki sauce using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek souvlaki pork kebab and tzatziki sauce
- It’s of souvlaki.
- It’s 6 of greek pita breads.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 600 grams of boneless pork shoulder chopped in pieces.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare of tzatziki sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of greek yoghurt.
- It’s 1 medium of cucumber.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic smashed and minced finely.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
I feel like I've been eating, and serving, nothing but that for. The pork was everything I imagined it would be–the lemon juice gave it a nice tang and the mixture of onion, garlic, and oregano made it taste distinctly Greek. The souvlaki just wouldn't have been complete to me unless there was pita and tzatziki nearby, so while the pork was resting off the grill, I. Traditional Greek souvlaki is the perfect portable street food – meat grilled on a skewer and served on pitta bread with tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, onions and, sometimes, fries.
Greek souvlaki pork kebab and tzatziki sauce step by step
- In high heat thread the pork in a pan with 2 tbs. olive oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Cook for 15 minutes..
- In another pan grill the pita breads with 2 tbs olive oil..
- For the tzatziki sauce grate the cucumber in a bowl and drain. Add the greek yoghurt, pepper and the chopped garlic..
- For serving add in a pita bread two tbs tzatziki, some tomato, onion, parsley and some pork..
Made well and served fresh, it is absolutely delicious – just the thing to eat after swimming all day (or after going out drinking all night). Chicken souvlaki is another word for seasoned Greek kabobs and they make a nice appetizer when dipped into Fantastic flavor for chicken. Marinade can also be used for pork. The tzatziki sauce I had to alter: I substituted lemon juice for the vinegar and added a teaspoon of dried dill weed. Barbecued chicken souvlaki is another word for seasoned Greek kebabs and they make a lovely summery starter when dipped into homemade tzatziki sauce.