My Lola's Pork Adobo.
You can cook My Lola's Pork Adobo using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Lola's Pork Adobo
- It’s 5 lb of Boneless Pork Steak ( Cut into 1in cubes, or a bit smaller.).
- Prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 large of onion, diced.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves, diced.
- It’s 1 1/2 of lemons ( Juiced, no seeds).
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of White Vinegar.
- You need 8 of Boiled Eggs.
- It’s 8 of Baby Red Potatoes, halved or in fourths your choice..
- It’s 1 of Pot Steamed White Rice (I used Jasmine).
- It’s 1 cup of Water, Slowly add to your taste and liking. Use less Or More if Necessary.
My Lola's Pork Adobo step by step
- Put your Pork, Onion, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Salt/Pepper in a big enough bowl..
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly, Then top with Bay Leaves and Cover with Foil..
- Marinate in the fridge for 1-3hrs..
- Once marinated, pull out a deep and wide cooking pan and add cooking oil. Heat on medium..
- While pan heats up, Mix your soy sauce, vinegar, and water in a measuring cup and set aside..
- Once Oil is Hot, Remove bay leaves (Set Aside for Later!) And add your meat mixture to the hot pan..
- Toss meat with spatula or wooden spoon until meat is browned, but not fully cooked..
- Add back the Bay leaves..
- Then slowly pour your soy sauce/vinegar mix over all the meat but DO NOT mix or toss meat until boiling hot, vinegar will make bitterness if you do..
- Cover and Simmer on medium for 2hrs or until sauce has reduced to half the pan, possibly less and is a nice dark brown color..
- Check on it every half an hour but no more often then this, The meat needs the covered steam to tenderize..
- In meantime, boil your eggs to perfection, peel, set aside..
- Then chop your baby potatoes, and set aside in a bowl of cold water so they do not oxidize..
- In the last 20min, add your potatoes and start your rice to steam..
- Add peeled boiled eggs during the final 7 minutes as well..
- Scoot all meat to the side so the eggs may simmer in the juices..
- Once sauce color/reduction has reached its full potential, and potatoes are completely cooked, turn off burner and keep covered..
- Serve your plate of steamed rice, topped with Adobo and some extra juice as well with an egg, then enjoy! :).
- This should be your finished pan of Adobo :).