Tomatillo Chili with Pork and Hominy.
You can cook Tomatillo Chili with Pork and Hominy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomatillo Chili with Pork and Hominy
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of tomatillos (16 to 20 medium), husks and stems removed, rinsed well, dried and halved.
- You need 1 of onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried cumin.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground cloves.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of (15-ounce) cans white or yellow hominy, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of low-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 3 of poblano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and minced.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Minute tapioca.
- It’s 1 of (4 pound) boneless prok butt roast, trimmed and cut into 11/2-inch chunks.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of minced fresh cilantro.
Tomatillo Chili with Pork and Hominy instructions
- Position over rack 6 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Toss tomatillos, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, cloves and cinnaon with oil and spread onto aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Broil until vegetables are blackened and begin to soften, 5 to 10 minutes, rotating pan halfway through broiling..
- Let vegetables cool slightly. Pulse vegetables with accumulated juice in food processor until almost smooth, about 10 pulses; transfer to slow cooker..
- Stir hominy, broth, poblanos, tapioca, sugar, and bay leaves into slow cooker. Season pork with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker. Cover and cook until pork is tender, 9 to 11 hours on low or 5 to 7 hours on high..
- Let chili settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon. Discard bay leaves. Stir in cilantro, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve..