Cherry Pepsi Pulled Pork.
You can cook Cherry Pepsi Pulled Pork using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry Pepsi Pulled Pork
- You need 1 of bone-in pork shoulder.
- You need 2 liter of cherry pepsi.
- You need 2/3 cup of malt vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of crushed pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil; as needed.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of large pinch kosher salt and black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
Cherry Pepsi Pulled Pork step by step
- In a large sauce pot, heat enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom..
- Season flour. Dredge pork shoulder and shake off excess flour..
- Sear pork shoulder on each side. Remove from pot..
- Add 1/2 cup pepsi and malt vinegar. Scrape up the brown bits (fond) as the liquid reduces. Add remaining pepsi when all the fond is lifted..
- Cover. Simmer for approximately 3 hours or until pork easily releases from bone..
- Variations; Coconut extract, Sriracha, tamari, leeks, caramelized onions, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, cilantro, scallions, ginger, lime, pineapple juice, lemon, lemongrass, mirin, sesame oil or seeds,.