Mexican Slow Cooked Pulled Pork (Carnitas).
You can cook Mexican Slow Cooked Pulled Pork (Carnitas) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Slow Cooked Pulled Pork (Carnitas)
- It’s 2 kg of pork shoulder/pork butt, skinless, boneless.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, deseeded, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 180 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Prepare of Rub.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Mexican Slow Cooked Pulled Pork (Carnitas) instructions
- Wash the pork shoulder and dry it. Next, combine the rub ingredients and gently massage the pork. The pork can be stored overnight in a plastic bag (optional)..
- In a pot, add the pork, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and orange juice, then cover with a lid. Boil on medium heat. Once it boils, turn off the fire and leave it for ~1 hour (the temperature will be kept constant as long as the lid is on). Once an hour has passed, turn on the heat again and boil on medium heat. Repeat this for ~10 hours..
- After ~10 hours, the pork should be tender enough to pull apart with two forks. Shred all the pork and save the juices left in the pot – it’ll be used for the next step..
- To crisp the meat, drizzle olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat and pour some of the juices. Let the meat sear until the juices evaporate and the meat turns golden brown and crispy. It is important to divide the pulled pork into small batches when cooking on the frying pan so it doesn’t overcrowd the pan..
- Serve warm, with flour tortillas or by itself..