Pressure Cooker Japanese Pork Roast (Pulled Pork).
You can cook Pressure Cooker Japanese Pork Roast (Pulled Pork) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Japanese Pork Roast (Pulled Pork)
- It’s 1.2-1.6 kg of Boneless Pork (Shoulder or Loin) Roast.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Oil.
- You need 1 of Onion *coarsely sliced.
- It’s 1-2 of small pieces Ginger *thinly sliced.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic *crushed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Hot Water.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Sake.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of Sugar *depending on how sweet you would like.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Chilli Flakes OR Powder *optional.
Pressure Cooker Japanese Pork Roast (Pulled Pork) step by step
- If you want to cook Pulled Pork, cut the Pork Roast in half or quarters, so that the meat will be cooked extra tender..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over a high heat and brown the Pork all over. *Note: This process can be skipped..
- Place Onion, Ginger and Garlic in the pot, place Pork on the vegetables..
- Mix Hot Water, Sake, Sugar, Soy Sauce and Chilli (*optional) in a bowl and pour over the Pork..
- Start cooking over a high to medium heat. Once the pressure is on, reduce the heat to medium low, cook for 30 minutes. Let it cool under pressure..
- When the lid can be removed, simmer uncovered until the sauce thickened..