Pulled Pork. Pulled pork is an American barbecue dish, more specifically a dish of the Southern U. S., based on shredded barbecued pork shoulder. It is prototypically slow-smoked over wood (usually outdoors); indoor variations use a slow cooker.
But every once in a while, we want. Pulled pork is a Southern barbecue tradition with a long history — and a savory, mouthwatering flavor that has made it popular nationwide. People line up for the tender, saucy pork shoulder at food trucks. You can cook Pulled Pork using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork
- It’s 2 of beef tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of red peppers, roughly chopped.
- You need 4 clove of of garlic, crushed in skin.
- It’s 3 of shallots, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/2 of chilli pepper.
- It’s 1 1/4 kg of boneless pork shoulder.
- You need 500 ml of chicken stock.
Everyone needs a good pulled-pork recipe, and this, my friends, is the BEST. Insanely tender and loaded with barbecue flavor, you'll dream about it (sandwiched between a soft potato bun) often. The easiest pulled pork recipe you'll ever make. No tricky measurements involved, minimal ingredients and a mouth-watering smoky barbecue result.
Pulled Pork step by step
- Pre-heat an oven to 190°C / 170°C fan..
- Place all the veg into a deep roasting tin and drizzle with oil. Place in the oven to roast for 25-30mins..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and brown the pork shoulder..
- Take the roasting tin out the oven and reduce the oven heat to 150°C / 130°C fan and place the pork on top of veg. Use a bit of the vegetable stock to deglaze the pan. Pour into the tin and then pour in the rest of the stock, make sure not to cover the meat completely..
- Cover the tin with foil and place in the oven for about 5 hours..
- Uncover the tin and cook for a further 25-30mins..
- Once cooked, leave the pork to one side to rest. Place all the vegetables in a blender and blend to create a sauce. (Add some stock if you wish to thin it out).
- Pull the meat apart using two forks. At this stage you can either mix in the meat with the sauce or use the sauce separately..
- Warm up some pitta bread to serve..
This slow cooker Pulled Pork with BBQ sauce will be the most tender, moist, and flavourful you've ever had in your life! This easy pulled pork recipe skips the slow cooker to create authentic low and slow smoked pulled Just say no to crockpot pulled pork recipes and hello to the real deal. It's sure to be the best smoked. Learn how to smoke pork shoulder for the best pulled pork. This cut is laced with so much flavor when cooked low and slow, giving it incredibly tender texture and succulent flavor.