My Mother's Recipe Simmered Squid and Daikon Radish.
You can cook My Mother's Recipe Simmered Squid and Daikon Radish using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Mother's Recipe Simmered Squid and Daikon Radish
- It’s 2 of Squid.
- It’s 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- You need 3 of Green beans.
- Prepare 400 ml of ★Dashi stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★Sake.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
My Mother's Recipe Simmered Squid and Daikon Radish step by step
- Cut the daikon radish into pieces, and parboil for about 5 minutes. Remove the strings from the green beans, add into the pot with the daikon radish at the end..
- Remove the guts from the squid, and cut into 1-1.5 cm thick round slices. Remove the suction cups and separate into 2 tentacles each. Cut the fins into 2-3 pieces..
- Add the ★ flavouring ingredients into the pot, and bring to a boil. Add the squid, and bring to a boil again. Simmer for about 2 minutes, and remove from the pot..
- Add the daikon radish, and simmer over medium-low heat until it becomes soft..
- Return the Step 3 squid, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the green beans at the end, and simmer briefly..
- You can garnish the dish with green onions instead of green beans..
- You can pre-cook the daikon radish in a microwave as well. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143402-parboil-daikon-in-the-microwave.