Grilled Pork Pitas w/Cucumber Mint Sauce.
You can have Grilled Pork Pitas w/Cucumber Mint Sauce using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Pork Pitas w/Cucumber Mint Sauce
- You need of Pork Roast.
- You need 3 1/2 of Bone-In Pork Loin Roast.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Fresh Greek Oregano Leaves.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Riesling (or other similiar medium-dry wine).
- It’s of Cucumber Mint Sauce.
- You need 8 oz of Greek Cream Cheese (or regular, if you can't find Greek).
- Prepare 1 cup of Grated/Shredded Cucumber.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Fresh Mint Leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Pita.
- Prepare 20 of Pitas.
- You need 5 of Romaine Leaves.
- Prepare 5 of Roma Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of Vidalia Onion.
Grilled Pork Pitas w/Cucumber Mint Sauce step by step
- Place roast in a large mixing bowl. Pour salt and pepper over all sides and coat thoroughly. Cover container and leave in refrigerator for 24-48 hours..
- Preheat grill to high..
- Place roast on grill, close lid, and grill 5 minutes on both sides or until black grill marks have formed..
- Remove roast from the grill and add to slow cooker. Pour Riesling over the top of the roast. Sprinkle with oregano leaves and spoon dollops of butter on top, as well. Set on low and cook for 6 hours..
- Meanwhile, add Greek cream cheese to a small mixing bowl. Use a mandolin or grater to grate/shred 1 cup of cucumber. DO NOT squeeze moisture from cucumber; the moisture will loosen up the cream cheese to make it more of a dressing..
- Chiffonade mint leaves into very thin strips. Add mint and the remainder of sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Remove pork from slow cooker and remove bone(s) from roast. Chop/shred into bite size pieces. Season additionally with salt if needed..
- Chop romaine lettuce and dice Roma tomatoes into 1/4-inch pieces. Slice vidalia onion into as thin of slices as you can manage..
- For each serving, take a pita and cut in half. If you have pitas that are airy inside and form pockets, place desired amount of lettuce in the bottom, followed by shredded pork. Then drizzle cucumber mint sauce over top and garnish with tomatoes/onion. If your pitas don't have pockets, simply put ingredients in the middle like a taco..