Basic Miso Soup.
You can have Basic Miso Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Miso Soup
- You need 4 cups of Dashi Stock *find about ‘Dashi Stock’ at http://www.hirokoliston.com/dashi-stock/.
- It’s 3-4 tablespoons of Miso.
- It’s 2 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- You need of <Add two or three of the following>.
- Prepare of *Note: Large vegetables need to be cut into small pieces or slices.
- It’s 1/2-1 block of Tofu *Momen of Silken Tofu.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Dried Chopped Wakame.
- Prepare 1 of Potato.
- You need 1/2-1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 4-5 of Snow Peas.
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of Spinach.
- Prepare 4-5 of Green Beans.
- It’s 1/2 of small Eggplant.
- Prepare 1 sheet of ‘Abura-age’ (Fried Thin Tofu).
- It’s 2-3 of Shiitake.
- You need 1/2 pack of Shimeji.
- You need 5 cm of Daikon.
Basic Miso Soup instructions
- Heat Dashi Stock (OR Water & Dashi Powder) in a large saucepan or a pot, add the ingredients of your choice (except Tofu) and cook them in the stock until soft. *Note: Use about 2 teaspoons Dashi Powder for 4 cups Water OR according to the instruction on the package..
- *Note: If you wish to add Tofu to your Miso Soup, you don’t need to cook Tofu and Tofu can be easily broken. Add Tofu after you season the soup with Miso..
- Season the soup with Miso. *Note: The important point to remember is that you should remove the soup from the heat when it’s just about to start boiling after adding Miso. If you boil it for too long, the wonderful aroma of Miso will be lost. That’s what I was taught..
- Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onions and serve..