Totoro Cream-filled Melon Buns.
You can cook Totoro Cream-filled Melon Buns using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Totoro Cream-filled Melon Buns
- It’s 12 of buns worth, made in a bread machine Bread dough.
- It’s 1 of Cookie dough.
- You need 1 of Custard cream filling.
- It’s 1 of white and brown Chocolate pastry decorating pens.
- Prepare 290 of to 300 grams Bread (strong) flur.
- It’s 1 1/2 of bars Use pieces of chocolate to fill the buns instead of custard cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of of cocoa powder For the cocoa dough.
Totoro Cream-filled Melon Buns instructions
- Make the custard cream and chill it. Since it will be piped out, don't make it too stiff..
- Make the cookie dough and divide it into 12 portions (20 g per portion) and chill in the refrigerator..
- Make the bread dough in a bread machine. Fill a pastry bag with the custard cream. When the bread dough is done, divide it into 12 portions and rest for 10 minutes..
- Cut off the dough parts for the ears. Fill the rest of the dough with the custard cream and wrap the dough around the cream..
- If it's too much work to make custard cream, fill the buns with a piece of chocolate. It's easy and I recommend it! Kids will love this too!.
- Form the dough into egg shaped rolls, and add ears. Top with the rolled out cookie dough..
- Cover with plastic wrap and a tightly wrung out moistened kitchen towel, and leave the dough for its 2nd rising for 35 to 45 minutes..
- When the dough has doubled in size, bake in a preheated 190°C oven for 15 minutes..
- When the bread is done baking and has cooled down a bit, draw on Totoro's eyes and whiskers with the chocolate pens..
- I tried making Totoro buns with cocoa dough. I just added 1 tablespoon of pure cocoa powder to the dough!!.
- Halloween pumpkin-melon bread! I added kabocha squash powder to the dough, and filled the buns with kabocha squash paste..
- I made some Santa Claus shaped buns..