Mike's EZ Pork Carnitas. Mike loves carnitas (check out his vid on how to make them killer) and this taco is simple and delicious. Slow roasted pork carnitas, flour tortilla, salsa. Pork Carnitas are pieces of pork meat slow-cooked in copper cauldrons in an open fire.
This version uses pork shoulder, although we've used the exact same technique with beef and even chicken and it works just as well. You'll notice that there are no. Many find carnitas a little dry or flavorless. You can have Mike's EZ Pork Carnitas using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Pork Carnitas
- Prepare of ● For The Carnitas.
- Prepare 5 Pounds of Pork Shoulder Roast [bone in].
- You need 2 (8 oz) of Packages Garlicky Frontera Carnita Slow Cooker Sauce.
- It’s 4 (14 oz) of Cans Beef Broth.
- You need 1 of EX LG White Onion [chopped].
- It’s 1 of LG Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Prepare 1 Bottle of Mexican Coca-Cola [use 1/2].
- You need 4 of LG Cloves Fresh Garlic [minced].
- You need 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s 2 of LG Jalapeños [chopped].
- You need of Juice Of 1 LG Orange.
- It’s of Juice Of 1 Lime.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Cumin.
- You need of ● Sides/Garnishments.
- It’s 1 Package of Fresh Flour Tortillas.
- You need as needed of Fresh Radishes.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Cilantro.
- You need as needed of Lime Wedges.
- You need as needed of Guacamole.
- You need as needed of Jalapeños.
- Prepare as needed of Onions.
- You need as needed of Salsa.
These have a great, distinctive flavor and are requested by friends and family over and over. These Pork Carnitas are a delicious and healthy dinner that is perfect for family taco night! It's an easy recipe for tender juicy carnitas! Pork Carnitas Is One Of My Favorite Taco Night Recipes. "You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl." Mexican pork carnitas are given a smokey makeover in this delicious and easy recipe for Smoked Carnitas.
Mike's EZ Pork Carnitas instructions
- Use 2 packets. This really is a great brand! It's avaliable at most any major supermarket..
- Pan sear your pork roast on all sides in a slight amount of oil..
- Add all of your vegetables and seasonings [except for your sides/garnishments] and simmer covered stove top [fat side up] for 3 hours. You'll know she's done when you can easily pull the bone from your roast. Or, shread roast easily with 2 forks..
- Strain all fluids from pork roast but retain them for a delicious broth later in the week..
- Shread pork and place in the oven at 425° for 30 minutes uncovered. Drizzle lightly with lard or oil..
- Serve pork hot with chilled garnishments. See my recipe for Mike's Fiesta Guacamole on this site if interested. ;0).
These make for one killer taco! How long does it take to make smoked carnitas? Mexico's classic chunks of fried pork, carnitas are exquisite by themselves or as part of a taco or sandwich. Make them at home with our easy Carnitas (the word translates as "little meats") are wonderful morsels of boiled/fried pork that are crispy on the outside and chewy-tender on the inside. I love Pork Carnitas… so I decided to do my version using pulled pork.