Easy Dwenjang Jjigae (Korean Miso Stew) for 2.
You can cook Easy Dwenjang Jjigae (Korean Miso Stew) for 2 using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Dwenjang Jjigae (Korean Miso Stew) for 2
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of medium zucchini, cut into quarters lengthwise then cut into roughly 3/4-inch pieces.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves peeled and smashed.
- It’s 1 of small jalapeño, cut into 1/8-inch slices.
- You need of Optional: 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- It’s 1/4 pound of pork shoulder, cut into thin strips.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of dwenjang (Korean miso) or Japanese miso.
- It’s of Optional: 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon gochugaru (Korean red chili flakes) or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne for added heat.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 3 cups of water or unsalted stock.
- It’s of Optional: 1/2 brick of tofu cut into 1/2” cubes.
Easy Dwenjang Jjigae (Korean Miso Stew) for 2 step by step
- Put all ingredients in a small pot..
- Add water or stock..
- Turn heat on to medium high and bring to a boil. This will take about 15 minutes. (See next pic.).
- Turn heat down to medium, put lid on askew, and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. If you want tofu and/or potatoes, this is the time to add them with a good pinch of salt to adjust the seasoning for the water they're going to release..
- That's it. Enjoy!.