Easy Viet-Inspired Coffee & Brown Sugar Braised Pork.
You can have Easy Viet-Inspired Coffee & Brown Sugar Braised Pork using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Viet-Inspired Coffee & Brown Sugar Braised Pork
- Prepare 2 pounds of pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Prepare 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch strips.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, chopped (if you don't have shallots, just double up on the onion).
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of black coffee (or 3/4 cup water + 1 Tablespoon espresso grind coffee).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of vinegar (Balsamic, distilled white, apple cider all work fine).
- You need of green onion for garnish.
Easy Viet-Inspired Coffee & Brown Sugar Braised Pork step by step
- Put all the ingredients in a medium sized pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. This should take 15 minutes or so..
- Once everything comes to a boil, give everything a couple of gentle stirs, lower the heat to medium low, and simmer, lid askew, for another 30 minutes..
- Enjoy garnished with a sprinkling of chopped green onions and a bowl of steamed jasmine rice (or whatever kind you prefer). :).