Stacy's 3 Envelope Roast.
You can have Stacy's 3 Envelope Roast using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stacy's 3 Envelope Roast
- It’s 1 of 3-4 pound roast (beef or pork) such as chuck roast ***SEE NOTE BELOW.
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter (NO SUBSTITUTES).
- Prepare 1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix.
- Prepare 1 envelope of dry Italian dressing mix.
- Prepare 1 envelope of dry ranch dressing mix.
- You need 1 of Onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Water for Pressure Cooker and 2 for Crock Pot.
- Prepare 1 can of Beef Broth (small…10 oz?) for Beef Roast or 1 large Cream of Mushroom Soup for Pork Roast.
- You need 5 of potatoes, cubed (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Baby Carrots (sm bag) (optional).
Stacy's 3 Envelope Roast step by step
- Please note in a SLOW COOKER you CAN cut in half the dry ingredients if you find it overpowering.) In the pressure cooker use the entire envelopes..
- I prefer the whole envelopes in either method of cooking Crock Pot or Pressure Cooker but that's just me). Put the water in a measuring cup that is larger then the amount of water you are using (to fit the additions). Now add and mix all three envelopes of dry salad dressings to the water..
- Brown the roast (if desired) I love mine browned in butter (not margerine) in an 8 qt PC..
- Once meat is browned on all sides, add onions (carrots if desired), pour the water, salad dressing mixture over the roast as well as the broth and the pepper. Now cook as usual. In the CE Pressure Cooker, I cooked it for 70 minutes and use the quick release method. I can and probably should use the natural but I am always in a hurry when making this as it smells so good! In the slow cooker cook it on high for about 4 hours on low about 8 hours..
- You can use the liquid for gravy or broth!.
- NOTE: NOTICE I SAID "ROAST". This can be used for beef roast or pork roast. If doing pork roast, omit the 1 can beef broth and sub with a LG can of cream of mushroom. If making beef roast, omit the cream of mushroom and use the beef broth..