Cuban Pot Roast (similar to Mexican Carnitas).
You can cook Cuban Pot Roast (similar to Mexican Carnitas) using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cuban Pot Roast (similar to Mexican Carnitas)
- It’s 1 of slow cooker liner for crockpot (makes clean up easy).
- You need 1 of 4 lb pork roast (shoulder or rump roast).
- You need 1 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cinnamin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander.
- You need 2 medium of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need 2 of stalks of celery (use the top with the leaves).
- You need 1 medium of onion (minced).
Cuban Pot Roast (similar to Mexican Carnitas) step by step
- place slow cooker liner in crockpot..
- mix all the dry spices in the food processor … if you don't have a food processor then mix with a wisk well..
- mix rub all over roast and let rest for almost 1 hr..
- put the bay leaves and 2 cup of chicken broth in the bottom of crockpot..
- place roast fat side up in crockpot. If there isn't enough fat I lay thick bacon over the 'up' portion of the roast. after you put leftover rub on the roast..
- let roast cook 5 hours and turn..
- after 10 hours on low take roast out of cooker..
- remove bay leaves, when you take it out to shred..
- shred roast using forks and put back in cooker..