PINAKBET (Ilokano). "Pinakbet is from the Ilocano word "pinakebbet" meaning shriveled or shrunk in reference to the cooking technique where the vegetables are cooked until shriveled to a dry stage. Pinakbet Ilocano – this recipe showcases the pride of Ilocano cooking, and one of the best known vegetable dishes in the Philippines. Pinakbet Tagalog is a Filipino vegetable dish.
Pinakbet (also called pakbet or pinak bet) is an indigenous Filipino dish from the northern regions of the Philippines. Pinakbet is made from mixed vegetables steamed in fish or shrimp sauce. Pinakbet or Pakbet is a mixed vegetable stew with pork slices that originally came from the Ilocos region. You can cook PINAKBET (Ilokano) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of PINAKBET (Ilokano)
- It’s 1 lb of pork shoulder / pork belly.
- You need 1 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 of roma tomato sliced.
- You need 3 tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- You need 1/2 of bitter gourd (ampalaya).
- You need 1 of eggplant sliced diagonally.
- Prepare 1 cup of large diced squash.
- Prepare 5 pcs of okra halved across.
- You need 8 pcs of string beans (into 3 inch long).
- You need 1 of small sized ginger smashed.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
The original Ilocano version uses "bagoong isda" which is a sauce made with fermented fish. Pinakbet, or Pakbet an Ilocano dish, is stewed vegetables of eggplant, bitter melon(ampalaya), okra and tomatoes and seasoned with bagoong isda or thick salted fish sauce. Pinakbet or Pakbet is a popular Filipino vegetable and shrimp stew. Pinakbet is a popular Filipino dish which traditionally consists of pork and mixed vegetables, cooked and flavored with shrimp paste.
PINAKBET (Ilokano) step by step
- Cook meat until fat is rendered, remove excess oil. Add garlic cook until slightly browned..
- Add onions and tomato. Cook until onion is translucent at tomato is soft and almost mushed..
- Add fish sauce/ shrimp paste, then add ginger to lessen pungency of the fish sauce. Stir until the meat is coated with the sauce..
- Add water then bring to a boil..
- Add in okra and eggplant first and cook for 1 minute. Then add the rest of the vegetables (string beans, squash, bitter gourd)..
- Simmer until the vegetables are cooked and sauce is reduced..
- Serve hot. Best eaten with steamed rice. Enjoy!.
Stream PINAKBET (ILOCANO SONG) by rafananprecious from desktop or your mobile device. Current track: PINAKBET (ILOCANO SONG)PINAKBET (ILOCANO SONG). Learn how to cook Pinakbet Ilocano Pinoy Food Recipe Video Offline. Pinakbet Tagalog is nutritious as it is delicious! Pinakbet or Pakbet is a Filipino vegetable stew from the Ilocos region.