Cuban-Inspired Pork & Black Bean Stew (Stovetop & Slow Cooker). This Cuban-inspired bowl is sure to excite your taste buds. This Cuban-inspired recipe delivers a fragrant, savory, and succulent pork roast to your table the Cuban Style Pork Roast Haiku: "So, this was awesome! I used a monster pork loin, just changed.
Cuban Mojo pulled pork is wonderful served over a bed of rice and accompanied by black beans. I absolutely love the citrus and garlic flavors of Cuban Mojo Pulled Pork! It is the best combination of. You can have Cuban-Inspired Pork & Black Bean Stew (Stovetop & Slow Cooker) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cuban-Inspired Pork & Black Bean Stew (Stovetop & Slow Cooker)
- You need 2 pounds of pork shoulder, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes and seasoned with 1 teaspoon kosher salt + 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of an onion, cut into 1/4-inch wide pieces.
- You need 1/2 of a red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1/4" thick slices.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 1 of tomato, cut into 6 pieces (or 1/3 cup canned tomatoes).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 15 ounces of can of unsalted black beans, drained.
- It’s 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of water.
- It’s of another 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- It’s 1.5 Tablespoons of white vinegar.
How to Make Cuban Inspired Smoked Pork Belly. Healthy Choice Power Bowls Cuban-Inspired Pork frozen meals are loaded with bold flavors and purposeful ingredients. Invigorate your taste buds with this Cuban-inspired protein bowl made with. This is a taste test/review of the Healthy Choice Power Bowls Cuban-Inspired Pork Bowl.
Cuban-Inspired Pork & Black Bean Stew (Stovetop & Slow Cooker) step by step
- STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS: In a large pot or Dutch oven (4 to 5 quarts), preheat the olive oil over high heat then brown the pork shoulder pieces in a single layer on two sides, about 4 to 5 minutes per side until they form a golden brown sear..
- Add in the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato, oregano, cumin and bay leaves, and stir to evenly distribute all the ingredients and to saute the aromatics (onions, peppers, garlic) until the onions begin to turn translucent, about 3 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to medium high, add the black beans, additional kosher salt, vinegar and water, stir to evenly distribute all the ingredients, and let the stew come up to a boil for about 2 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and keep it at an active simmer (you can see and hear bubbles, but they're not splattering), covered, for another 45 minutes. Give the stew a stir every 15 minutes or so. If you can scrape stuff off the bottom of your pot, the heat's too high, and you should adjust down a little bit..
- Uncover the stew, give it a stir, and taste to see if seasoning needs adjustment. Adjust if needed and simmer another 5 to 7 minutes uncovered..
- Enjoy with steamed rice, baked or boiled potatoes, some crusty bread….
- SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS Follow steps 1 and 2 above, then pour your meat, veg and spice mixture into the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients, decreasing the water to 1+1/4 cups to offset the condensation from the slow cooker lid. Set slow cooker to low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours..
It has tender braised all natural pork loin with black beans and. Made with fresh citrus and spice, this delicious Cuban Pork Tenderloin is perfect with a zesty rice and black bean salad. Tender, juicy, spice-rubbed roast center cut cuban inspired pork loin on a bed of yellow rice, with smoked uncured bacon, organic onion and green peppers, with a side of sweet plaintains. Cuban Pork Roast Bbq Pork Loin Grilled Pork Loin Pork Roast Recipes Mojo Pork Smoking Recipes Smoked A traditional Cuban roasted pork recipe that is very simple, yet packed with tons of flavor! Living in South Florida, Cuban inspiration abounds and I have one of my co-workers to thank for the idea behind these pork skewers.