Tacofiesta Leftovers Cornbread Tamale Pie Type Thingy.
You can have Tacofiesta Leftovers Cornbread Tamale Pie Type Thingy using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tacofiesta Leftovers Cornbread Tamale Pie Type Thingy
- It’s of My Buttermilk Corn Muffins Batter: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/1490085-buttermilk-corn-muffins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped roasted or canned green chilies, well drained (I used the fire roasted jalapeños leftover from our party).
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded carnitas or pulled pork. If pork wasn't cooked in a sauce, you can mix it with 1/2 to 3/4 cup salsa of choice.
- You need 2 cups of refried or stewed beans.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used cheddar because that's what I had in the fridge.).
- You need 1 of jalapeño, cut into 1/8" thick slices.
- It’s 1 (16 ounce) of tub of sour cream or Mexican crema agria to serve on the side.
Tacofiesta Leftovers Cornbread Tamale Pie Type Thingy step by step
- Preheat oven to 400F..
- While oven is preheating, make Buttermilk Corn Muffins Batter and add in green chilies..
- In a 9"x 13" casserole or baking dish, layer the pork first, then beans, then cheese..
- Spread batter evenly over the layered ingredients and bake on center rack for 20 minutes..
- Brush the top of cornbread with buttermilk (or just run a stick of butter over the entire surface area), dot with jalapeño slices, and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the casserole comes out dry and clean indicating that the batter has baked through..
- Serve with sour cream on the side..
- Enjoy! :).