Pastalaya (pasta lie yah). It's like jambalaya, but made with pasta instead of rice! You'll find this easy and filling dish at large gatherings, celebrations, and even along the parade Pastalaya is one of those super easy crowd pleasers that doesn't break the bank. Sounds like Budget Bytes material, ammiright?
This is a variation of classic brown jambalaya. Pastalaya is another one of those dishes that gets some folks kinda cranked up. The purists have a fit over anybody calling a dish that is not rice based, anything remotely. You can have Pastalaya (pasta lie yah) using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pastalaya (pasta lie yah)
- You need 3-4 lbs of Boston butt debone, trimmed of fat and cubed to 1 inch.
- Prepare 1 of or 2 lbs of good quality smoked sausage.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium to large bell pepper chopped.
- You need 2 of ribs celery chopped fine.
- You need 5 of or 6 cloves of garlic chopped fine.
- You need 4 of or 5 green onions (chives) cut into 1/4 inch rings.
- It’s to taste of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 of or 3 oz of Tiger Sauce.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 of or 3 oz Italian dressing.
- You need 1 lb of dry spaghetti pasta.
Pasta Jambalaya (Pastalaya) recipe: Cajun Pasta version of our famous Jambalaya. Be careful pasta does not stick and clump together. When all of the pasta has softened and absorbed most of the water, lower heat to medium low and add green onions. Stir in cooked pasta and green onion.
Pastalaya (pasta lie yah) instructions
- Season raw meat with Tiger Sauce, Italian dressing and cajun seasoning. Brown meat and sausage in a small amount of cooking oil. When browned, add onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Continue browninh until onions are clear and soft. Add spaghetti, broken into thirds mix into meat and veggies thoroughly then add chicken stock. When it starts to boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered until pasta has absorbed all liquid. Add green onions, cover and let stand for about 10 minutes. Enjoy..
- Serve with garlic bread and green salad..
How to make Cajun Pastalaya a cross between pasta and jambalaya. Celebrate like you're in Louisiana with this easy, filling, and inexpensive one-pot favorite, Pastalaya. It's the shortcut pasta version of Jambalaya! Die Pasta hinzufügen und unter mehrmaligem Umrühren gar kochen. Eventuell mehrmals etwas Wasser hinzufügern, denn die Pastalaya darf nicht austrocknen.