Stewed in the Microwave Daikon Radish and Pork Rich Stir-Fry. I show step by step how I make stew using daikon radish instead of potatoes. This dish is low glycemic and high in nutrients. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
This is a slight twist to a simple chinese dish vegetable dish made largely with Daikon white radishes. and any other leafy veggies in your fridge. If you think the water is a bit low in the pot you can add a little bit hot water to Cook until the carrots and daikon are soft and this dish is nearly ready. Whizz up store cupboard heroes to make this rich black bean sauce, then drizzle over pan-fried pork and carved radishes for a special stir-fry. You can have Stewed in the Microwave Daikon Radish and Pork Rich Stir-Fry using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stewed in the Microwave Daikon Radish and Pork Rich Stir-Fry
- You need 200 grams of Pork (for pork rice bowl, or thinly sliced pork roast).
- It’s 10 cm of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Miso.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic (grated or tubed is OK).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ginger (grated or from a tube).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce (for the finishing touch).
In a large dish or bowl, toss the pork pieces in the cornflour and set aside. Heat your wok to a high temperature. A simple braised white radish (daikon) becomes a surprisingly tasty dish when cooked in a thick soy flavoured sauce with pork mince (ground pork). When the starch from rice diluted in the water and the enzyme called amylase in daikon meet together, it produces sugar and makes daikon sweeter.
Stewed in the Microwave Daikon Radish and Pork Rich Stir-Fry step by step
- Cut the daikon radish into large bite-sized pieces. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 4~5 minutes to stew..
- Mix the sauce together. Mix 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons mirin, 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1/2 tablespoon miso, ginger, and miso together..
- Saute the pork meat. Add in the stewed daikon once it has browned, and lightly saute together..
- Add the sauce, and saute some more while boiling it down. Add in a round of soy sauce around the pan once the sauce has boiled down for the finishing touch..
- Please feel free to boil the sauce down and soften the daikon radish to your preference ..
Thinly sliced pork is stir-fried with ginger, daikon radish, sake, and mirin in this easy Japanese weeknight dish that's full of flavor. Daikon radish is available in most Asian marts and some supermarkets, as well. Choose one that is firm, heavy for its weight, and not too large. The pork and spices are stir-fried and then water is added along with the daikon and then simmered until the daikon is tender. This stew can be as spicy or not spicy as you wish.