Low-Sugar Okonomiyaki-Style Okara Pancakes.
You can have Low-Sugar Okonomiyaki-Style Okara Pancakes using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low-Sugar Okonomiyaki-Style Okara Pancakes
- It’s 180 grams of (18/25 grams sugar / 99 calories Fresh okara.
- It’s 2 of ☆Egg.
- Prepare 2 grams of ☆Powdered kanten.
- It’s 1 of package; 3 grams (0 grams sugar / 11 calories ☆Bonito flakes.
- You need 2 grams of ☆Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Your favorite ingredients.
- It’s 200 grams of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare 150 grams of Pork shoulder roast chunks.
Low-Sugar Okonomiyaki-Style Okara Pancakes instructions
- Use the fresh okara as-is. Rehydrate as per the instructions if using a dried kind. I used a type that's rehydrated in 5 parts water. I added 30 g to 150 g water..
- Combine the ☆ ingredients with Step 1 as they are listed in the ingredients list, and level it all out with a spatula. Fresh okara will have a higher water content, so adjust the amount of water to the point where it feels a little lacking in moisture..
- Add your preferred ingredients, and mix by hand. This time I used bean sprouts washed and broken up by massaging the bag, and pork bits with the fat cut off..
- Press down and remove the air and form a patty so that it becomes 1/4 in size. Coat a heated frying pan with oil, and place the patty into the pan. Make another patty in the same manner and put it into the frying pan as well..
- Cover with a lid, cook one side on medium for 4 minutes, flip over, and cook the other side for an additional 4 minutes. Shape 2 more patties, and cook them..
- (These are small enough to pick up with a spatula and shouldn't fall apart easily, but might a little when flipping…).
- Serve onto plates, cover with okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise, top with dried bonito flakes or aonori seaweed, and enjoy (with plenty of water)..
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer. They can be microwaved and served again. They will have a milder taste the next day than when they are freshly made..