Puff pastry tomato poppers. Tomato Tarts Puff Pastry Appetizer – individual circles of buttery puff pastry topped with grated mozzarella cheese and a garden-fresh tomato. Let me show you how to make one of the easiest and delicious puff pastry appetizers ever. Aren't these tomato tarts puff pastry appetizers the cutest?
It features a buttery puff pastry, with in-season ripe tomatoes, a sprinkle of grated cheese and a heavy smear of Dijon Mustard at the bottom. Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet. You can have Puff pastry tomato poppers using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Puff pastry tomato poppers
- Prepare 250 grams of puff pastry.
- It’s 1 packet of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
Brush the edges of the pastry circles with the egg mixture. This is such an easy tomato tart. It only uses a few ingredients and tastes absolutely gorgeous. The base is puff pastry, top it soften and then add the cooled onion and garlic.
Puff pastry tomato poppers instructions
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a greased dish add puff pastry and cut into equal pieces.
- Add halved tomatoes to each pastry block.
- Sprinkle spice over.
- Add pastry to a well greased oven dish and add to oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve while warm.
Lay the tomato slices over the top and tear apart the fresh mozzarella and sprinkle over the top. Bake it and that's all it takes to make this easy tomato mozzarella. This is one of the most tastiest puff pastry tarts you can make at home. If short on time store bought puff pastry works perfectly well and the whole process. I will bake the tart on a Silpat lined baking sheet so I just go ahead and roll it out on the same liner.