Easy Moist & Tender Simmered & Roasted Pork.
You can cook Easy Moist & Tender Simmered & Roasted Pork using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Moist & Tender Simmered & Roasted Pork
- Prepare 500 grams of Pork shoulder (block).
- You need 1/2 of knob Fresh ginger (thinly sliced).
- You need 1 of Japanese Leek (the green part).
- You need 100 ml of Sake.
- It’s 1 of Water.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★Sake.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ★Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ★Sugar (light brown sugar).
- You need 1 clove of ★Garlic (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
Easy Moist & Tender Simmered & Roasted Pork step by step
- Firstly, bind the pork with twine. Next, place the pork in a saucepan, along with enough water to cover it, the cooking sake, ginger, and leek. Bring the water to a boil and leave the pork to simmer on low-medium heat for 20 minutes..
- Once the pork is simmered, let it sit until the juices have cooled. Pat the meat dry and cut away the twine. Then, place the pork in a plastic bag and add the ★ ingredients. Rub the ingredients into the meat and allow it to marinate for 1 hour..
- Pat the meat dry once more. Then oil a frying pan and cook the meat on medium heat until it browns. Remove the meat from the pan and add the sauce from the plastic bag..
- Once the sauce has cooked down slightly, add the meat back into the pan and roll it around in the sauce until it forms a glaze..
- Pour the remaining sauce into a container..
- Once the meat has cooled, cut it into your desired thickness..
- Arrange the pork slices on a plate and pour over the rest of the sauce. Serve it with the thinly julienned white portion of Japanese leek if you'd like..
- Tender Boiled Pork,. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143542-tender-boiled-pork-with-korean-dressing.