Our Family's Easy and Authentic Roast Pork.
You can cook Our Family's Easy and Authentic Roast Pork using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Family's Easy and Authentic Roast Pork
- You need 500 grams of Pork shoulder butt (block).
- Prepare 1/2 medium of ◇ Green onion (chopped).
- You need 1/2 clove of ◇ Garlic (grated).
- You need 1 of thumbtip's worth ◇ Ginger (grated).
- You need 100 ml of ● Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ● Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ● Sake.
- It’s of As garnish.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Cabbage (shredded).
Our Family's Easy and Authentic Roast Pork instructions
- Bind the pork with kitchen twine and shape. Finely chop the green onion and peel and then grate the garlic and the ginger..
- Place in a thick plastic bag, the ingredients labelled ● and ◇ and mix. Put the pork in and tie up the bag whilst letting the air escape. Place in the fridge and leave overnight..
- The next day, place foil or baking paper on a baking tray and place the pork on top. *Keep the left over sauce in a small saucepan (go to Step 5)..
- Roast the pork at 220°C (no pre-heating necessary) for 50-60 minutes in the oven. Turn the pork over once during this time. It's done if clear liquid comes out when pierced..
- Put the left over sauce from Step 3 over low heat. Once boiling, stir whilst skimming off the scum for around 3-4 minutes. Take care not to let it boil over..
- I recommend cabbage for the garnish. Cut the roast pork in to suitable slices and pour the sauce from Step 5 on top and it's done..
- Baguette sandwich with the roast pork, mizuna leaf and boiled egg..
- Roast pork okowa with carrot and dried shiitake mushrooms is also great..